Best Cake Shops
Birthday, wedding, just because? We've know where to get a cake for any occasion!
1. Brunetti Cakes || 194-204 Faraday St. Carlton. Ph: (03) 9347 2801.
A Carlton institution baking everything Italian and all things sweet. Celebratory cakes like the Braziliana, a Vanilla sponge with coffee liqueur, coffee cream and chocolate chips are amazing! Now with a few locations about Melbourne, there’s no excuse for no cake.
2. Le Petit Gateau || 458 Little Collins St. Melbourne. Ph: (03) 9944 8893 lepetitgateau.com.au.
Cake lovers rejoice at this inner-city secret. Sit in and indulge with a hot chocolate before collecting unique creations or irresistible classics like a passionfruit and chocolate gateau. All made with passion and skill.
3. Let Them Eat Cake || 147-149 Cecil St. South Melbourne. Ph: (03) 9686 0077.
Yes please do! A cake shop with flair and imagination, it is obvious in their creations. Your three-year-old will be delighted with their enormous car or cartoon cake.
4. Hausfrau || 32A Ballarat St. Yarraville. Ph: (03) 9687 8364.
These guys do classic Europeans like sachertortes as well as fruity tarts, beautiful cheesecakes and amazing lemon meringue pies. From birthday cake to last minute dessert, don’t bother with the mixer.
5. Sugardough Panificio and Patisserie || 163 Lygon St. East Brunswick. Ph: (03) 9380 4060 sugardough.com.au.
This East Brunswick café and sweet spot, with quirky yet adorable décor, sells every cake imaginable. Take home a small (we’d get a large) lemon tart or a dozen decadent cupcakes.