Best City Olive Oil
In town and need some oil. We've found Melbournes best olive oil pitstops!
1. Olivers & Co || Shop 715. Prahran Market. 163-165 Commercial Road. South Yarra. Ph: (03) 9827 5688.
European and American conceived store comes to Melbourne. Stocking cold press oils such as lemon, mandarin and basil infused ones, go along even for a tasting.
2. Oliv || 328 Auburn Road. Hawthorn. Ph: (03) 9818 2375.
Olive lovers rejoice! You’ll find loose and jars of olives and extra virgin oils from Australia, Italy, Greece and Spain. Recognise small producers like Cobram lemon shelved beside Kyneton basil.
3. Oliveria || Prahran Central Shopping Centre. Corner Commercial Rd. Ph: (03) 9510 0690. oliveria.com.au.
Morri and Raya Behremann stock oils of excellent quality in their stylish glass shop. Pick up a bottle of Mediterranean oil (their own brand). Oils come in cute pouches.
4. Provincial Gourmet Food || Shop G209. Doncaster at Westfield. 619 Doncaster Road. Ph: (03) 9848 6355.
Shopping centre favourite stocking virgin olive oil in 35 varieties. Staff fill bottles of oils and vinegars at your request.
5. The Olive Shop || Shop 71-72 Queen Victoria Market. Ph: (03) 9326 9276.
Little market stall with a range of local and international oils. With tapenades and vinegars and gourmet sauces, you pantry will be looking better in no time. Tastings will tide you over until lunch.