Best Lawn Bowls
Barefoot and beer in tow, take on the oldies with a game of lawn bowls this arvo
1. Mosman Park Bowling Club || Bay View Terrace, Mosman Park. (08) 9384 7951.
Internationally recognised as a lawn bowls venue, the Club has arguably the best vantage point in Perth. Take in the magnificent views of the beautiful Swan River back-dropped by the Perth city skyline and the Darling Ranges.
2. Melville Bowling Club || 592 Canning Highway, Alfred Cove. (08) 9330 3370.
Located on the banks of the Swan River in Alfred Cove, this club has enviable views over the river to the city skyline and beyond. This easily accessible club is close to both the city centre and to Fremantle and has a bus stop practically at the front door.
3. South Perth Bowling Club || 2 Mends St, South Perth. Ph. (08) 9367 2784.
Located next to the Perth Zoo and a short stroll up from the river, you may find yourself with an interesting opponent, a lion or tiger or bear? Oh my!
4. North Fremantle Bowling Club || Ph. (08) 9335 1509.
If you are looking for a club that offers a community spirit and more, then this is the club for you. Join in social and competitive bowls as well as the more casual ‘Barefoot’ bowls which are held each Sunday afternoon.
5. Mt. Lawley Bowling Club || Corner of Storthes and Rookwood St, Mt. Lawley. (08) 9370 5070.
Mt. Lawley is a club with a long tradition having recently celebrated their 100th birthday in 2009. The club rooms are as impressive as the greens, which are, of course real
lawn as convention would demand. If you are tradition is your thing, then this is the club for you.