Best Coffee in Perth
We've found where to get Perth's best coffee
1. Lowdown Espresso Bar || 16A Cloisters Arcade, 865 Hay Street, Perth. Ph. (08) 9226 3041. lowdownespresso.com
Located in the heart of the business district, this funky little espresso bar is always bustling. Their use of single origin beans ensure a great cup every time while Melbourne coffee prices secure it as a firm favourite.
2. Epic Espresso || Unit 5, 1297 Hay Street, West Perth. Ph. (08) 9485 1818.
Not only is this cafe renowned its great coffee, it also has its own weekly Barista School. So head on in to grab a coffee and sign up to learn all the secrets to making great coffee yourself.
3. The Pony Espress O || 21 Mayfair St, West Perth, 6005. Ph. 0412 924 434.
You’ll head down a lane, around the corner and down some steps to find this quirky cafe. Astroturf lined floors lead through stable doors in this quaint heritage listed building where you can get up close and personal with your coffee as it is being made.
4. The Roastery || Shop 3, 1 Holmes St, Southern River, 6110. Ph (08) 9394 0033. essenceofcoffee.com.au/pages/theroastery
Locals rave about this suburban cafe which roasts both single origin and blended beans on site. The coffee is then extracted on WA’s only LM Strada machine giving exquisite results. Well worth the drive into the ‘burbs’ to experience one of Perth’s hidden gems.
5. The Little Pantry || 206 Nicholson Road, Subiaco, 6008. Ph. (08) 9388 8786.
This charming little cafe was recently voted ‘Best Coffee in Perth’ by a local radio station and for good reason! The coffee is smooth, reliable and tastefully served in opaque green beakers. Try it once and you will be back for more.