Best Korean Restaurants
With flavour in numbers, enjoy a meal at one of Sydney's best Korean Restaurants.
1. Sydney Madang || 371a Pitt St, Sydney. Ph: (02) 9264 7010.
It’s smack in the middle of Sydney’s K-Town, but you’d never know about this hidden barbecue joint if you weren’t told. Word of mouth must have spread though, as there’s often queues to tuck in to rice flour pancakes, steamboat dishes or barbecued meats cooked at the table.
2. Soban || Shp 602/ 1 Anderson St, Chatswood. Ph: (02) 9415 2098. soban.com.au
Post-movie dining in Chatswood is a cinch thanks to this Korean restaurant and grill. Classics like bulgogi and bibimbap are on offer, but the menu extends to more interesting interpretations like prawn and grapefruit salad.
3. Ssam Korean BBQ || 508 King St, Newtown. Ph: (02) 9519 1991.
Forget single dining, this place is all about the shared barbecue. Marinated cuts of meat come from the kitchen to be cooked on the barbecue at your table, creating a delicious smokiness that will stay with you long after the meal is over.
4. BBQ City || 116-120 Liverpool St, Sydney. Ph: (02) 9267 5155.
There are a number of things that make this barbecue restaurant one of the city’s busiest: it’s big enough to mean you can usually get a seat, the menu has plenty of options for budget dining and most importantly, the beers are cheap. Don’t come for fine dining, come for a party.
5. Shinara Grill & Lounge || Shp 1/ 338 Pitt St, Sydney. Ph: (02) 9262 9218.
Vegetarians and people wearing tight pants, take note: this restaurant is not for you. It’s an all you can eat Korean barbecue buffet that requires nothing less than a serious love of meat and the option to loosen your waistband.