Best Boutique Hotels
Introducing Sydney's best boutique hotels
1. Medusa || 267 Darlinghurst Rd. Darlinghurst. Ph: (02) 9331 1000. medusa.com.au.
What you really want from a boutique hotel is personality, and this place has it in spades. Each one of the 18 rooms is a work of art, a unique juxtaposition of bold colours, modern furnishing and exotic timbers.
2. The Kirketon || 229 Darlinghurst Rd. Darlinghurst. Ph: (02) 9332 2011. 8hotels.com.
A renovation a couple of years back has replaced this hotel’s once minimal stylings with echoes of Paris and New York. Book one of the rooms (designed by Connie Alessi) and you’ll also have one of Sydney’s best cocktail bars, Eau de Vie, right downstairs.
3. Ravesi’s || 118 Campbell Pde. Bondi Beach. Ph: (02) 9365 4422. ravesis.com.au.
The location alone – directly overlooking Bondi Beach – would be enough to stay here, but thankfully there’s more on offer than just a good view. The 18 rooms use an unusual but winning combination of chic and coastal décor, and have you staying conveniently close to the hotel’s excellent restaurant.
4. Kathryn’s On Queen || 20 Queen St. Woollahra. Ph: (02) 9327 4535. kathryns.com.au.
Not so much a hotel as a boutique B&B, this is antique chic at its best. The heritage-listed terrace channels a light and airy luxury that wouldn’t be out of place in some of the great hotels in Europe.
5. Apartment One || Liverpool St, Darlinghurst. (02) 9331 2881. contemporaryhotels.com.au.
A self-contained exercise in minimalism for those seeking an alternative to a hotel without losing the luxury. We love the prime location, the beautiful state-of-the-art kitchen and the fact it has three outdoor terraces.