Best Fresh Pasta
Add your best spag bol sauce to Sydney's best, fresh pasta.
1. Pasta Emilia || 129 Macpherson St, Bronte. Ph: (02) 9386 1516. emilia.com.au.
If you’re not already fresh pasta convert you will be after coming here. Anna Maria Eoclidi puts a lot of love into her traditional, organic ravioli, tortelli and anolini, filled with seasonal ingredients like beetroot, stinging nettles and mustard fruit.
2. Peppe’s Pasta || 151 Ramsay St, Haberfield. Ph: (02) 9797 1778. peppes.com.au.
Joe Cassaniti no longer makes his award-winning pasta onsite, but the Haberfield store that started it all stocks the full range of fresh pastas – like basil and garlic fettucine or saffron papardelle – along with Joe’s rich pasta sauces.
3. Adamo’s Pasta || 725 Botany Rd, Rosebery. Ph: (02) 9310 7033. adamospasta.com.au.
Behind the ounter here you’ll find colourful spools of tagliatelle, fettucini and capelli d’angelo flavoured with spinach, saffron or beetroot. Buy it fresh to put your own spin on it or pick up the cooked canneloni or lasagna for a take-home meal.
4. Pozza Foods || 58 Joseph St, Lidcombe. Ph: (02) 9646 2696. pozzafoods.com.au.
Any deli worth its salt has a freezerful of Pozza pasta, but you can buy direct from the maker (and get the full range) at the Lidcome factory outlet. Stock up on paprika beef tortellini, pumpkin gnocchi or three kinds of lasagne.
5. Pasta Italia || Unit A, 27-29 Victoria St, Smithfield. Ph: (02) 9609 4444. pastaitalia.com.au.
With just a couple of clicks you can have fresh spaghetti, smoked salmon agnolotti or Bolognese delivered to your door from the Pasta Italia online store. But if you decide you just can’t wait that long for your dinner, you can visit the factory outlet.